The 2007 and 2008 shingles and varicella vaccination recommendations may have contributed to the declining herpes zoster hospitalization rates in some groups.
During the first eight months of recombinant zoster vaccine (RZV) use, there were reports of 4,381 adverse events, 3 percent of which were serious.
A statewide public health emergency was declared in Washington after a measles outbreak near Portland, Oregon, reached 31 cases on Friday.
An ongoing measles outbreak has led to a public health emergency being declared in Clark County, Washington.
At baseline, more symptoms associated with Lyme borreliosis were reported by those with multiple erythema migrans than with solitary erythema migrans.
Investigators examined the incidence of herpes zoster in patients with hidradenitis suppurativa who were and were not exposed to immunomodulation.
Injection drug users are more than 16-fold more likely to develop invasive methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections.
Microneedling combined with bleomycin was associated with higher clearance rates and was less painful than the use of intralesional bleomycin injections.
Each of the 7 children received varicella zoster vaccination between 12 and 14 months of age.
Although 92.5% of the patients evaluated during era 2 denied the presence of genital lesions, 44.2% ultimately had genital lesions detected on examination.
A data brief from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates the prevalence of HSV-1 and HSV-2 antibodies among Americans using data from the 2015 to 2016 National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.
There was a significantly decreased treatment response if the warts contained HPV genotypes HPV2, HPV27, and HPV57.
The new adjuvant herpes zoster subunit vaccine would cost less and offer good value compared with the current live attenuated herpes zoster vaccine.
The FDA has approved letermovir tablets and IV injections for prophylaxis CMV infection.
When AIDS-defining cutaneous pathologies were analyzed, the researchers found fewer recent cases of cryptococcosis, chronic herpes simplex, histoplasmosis, and Kaposi sarcoma compared with remote cases.
A new study reports that Shingrix protected about 90% of patients, but Zostavax protected only 50% of patients.
The treatment successfully reduced the number and size of warts that had previously not responded to therapy.
For patients with plantar verrucae, no evidence was found to show that needling increases clearance rates or is more cost effective than callus debridement.
The herpes zoster vaccine rates improved with the electronic notification system.
Dermatology Advisor Articles
- Evidence Lacking for Persistence and Effectiveness of Systemic Psoriasis Therapies
- Strong Bidirectional Association Found Between Depression and Alopecia
- Immunosuppressants Associated With Unsatisfactory Outcomes in Atopic Dermatitis
- Molecular Profiles Vary With Age in Atopic Dermatitis
- Johnson & Johnson to Provide Drug Prices in TV Ads
- Aesthetic-Only Neurotoxin Jeuveau Gets FDA Approval
- Turmeric Polyherbal Supplement May Help Reduce Facial Erythema
- Dupilumab Impacts Symptoms of Atopic Dermatitis in Real-Life Setting
- HIDRAdisk Is a Validated Visual Tool to Assess Hidradenitis Suppurativa Burden
- Thermography Helps Diagnose Allergic vs Irritant Contact Dermatitis