The ability of secukinumab vs placebo to clear nail psoriasis was evaluated using the Nail Psoriasis Severity Index.
Investigators evaluated the effect of ixekizumab withdrawal and retreatment in Japanese patients with plaque psoriasis in this single-arm open-label phase 3 study.
The guideline is jointly authored by the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) and the National Psoriasis Foundation (NPF).
People with psoriasis may have an increased risk for inflammatory bowel disease. Gastroenterology consultation may be indicated when patients with psoriasis present with bowel symptoms.
Similar to randomized clinical trials, real-life study complements safety and efficacy profiles of ixekizumab treatment in patients with plaque psoriasis.
People with psoriasis have physical and psychological comorbidities that are associated with a higher risk for sexual dysfunction.
Investigators examined whether patients benefited from interacting with their dermatologist online rather than in person to manage their psoriasis.
Investigators examined patients with late-onset psoriasis who were treated with etanercept, infliximab, or methotrexate to see whether they were significantly more likely than patients with early-onset psoriasis to have a therapeutic response.
The treatment is based on the Goeckerman regimen which dates back to the 1920s and involves applying coal tar to a patient's skin and exposing the skin to ultraviolet light.
In patients with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis, who have failed to respond to apremilast therapy, etanercept may represent an effective therapeutic option.
Dermatology Advisor Articles
- Botulinum Toxin Type A Effective for Treating Rosacea Facial Flushing
- Acne Lesions, Scars Treated With Cooling Vacuum-Assisted Erbium:Glass Laser
- Psoriasis Linked With Higher Risk for Sexual Dysfunction
- New Psoriatic Arthritis Guidelines Recommend TNFi as First-Line Tx Option
- AMA Survey Collects Advice for Physicians Approaching Retirement
- Common Skin Conditions in People of Color: Identification and Treatment
- Subcutaneous Dupilumab Initiates Hair Regrowth in Patient With Alopecia Totalis, Atopic Dermatitis
- Rosacea Improves With Anti-Inflammatory Effect of Brimonidine Gel
- Can Examining Marginalization Identify Gaps in Medical or Nutritional Care?
- Mohs Surgery Alone Associated With Improved Outcomes in High-Risk Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Secukinumab Superior to Placebo for Treatment of Moderate to Severe Nail Psoriasis
- Diagnostic Challenges of Neutrophilic Dermatosis May Lead to Misdiagnosis
- EMS Times Longer for Patients From Poorest Neighborhoods
- Most Insured Patients Not Using Online Portals
- Overcoming the Barriers to Including Pregnant Women in Clinical Trials