Uber has launched a HIPAA compliant, ride-hailing system allowing doctor's offices and hospitals to book and schedule (up to 30 days in advance) rides for patients.
Hairstylists are able to screen the scalp and neck of a large portion of the general public, making them useful for detecting abnormal skin lesions.
Patients with chronic skin conditions may wish to be tattooed for various reasons. As the physician, it's your job to educate and inform the patient of the risk/benefits and make recommendations based on their medical history.
Many suspicious moles removed require further surgery because cancerous mole cells were missed during the initial removal, and the second procedures increase the risk of infection, bleeding, and scarring.
Dermatology Advisor Articles
- Botulinum Toxin Type A Effective for Treating Rosacea Facial Flushing
- Acne Lesions, Scars Treated With Cooling Vacuum-Assisted Erbium:Glass Laser
- Psoriasis Linked With Higher Risk for Sexual Dysfunction
- New Psoriatic Arthritis Guidelines Recommend TNFi as First-Line Tx Option
- AMA Survey Collects Advice for Physicians Approaching Retirement
- Common Skin Conditions in People of Color: Identification and Treatment
- Subcutaneous Dupilumab Initiates Hair Regrowth in Patient With Alopecia Totalis, Atopic Dermatitis
- Rosacea Improves With Anti-Inflammatory Effect of Brimonidine Gel
- Can Examining Marginalization Identify Gaps in Medical or Nutritional Care?
- Mohs Surgery Alone Associated With Improved Outcomes in High-Risk Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Secukinumab Superior to Placebo for Treatment of Moderate to Severe Nail Psoriasis
- Diagnostic Challenges of Neutrophilic Dermatosis May Lead to Misdiagnosis
- EMS Times Longer for Patients From Poorest Neighborhoods
- Most Insured Patients Not Using Online Portals
- Overcoming the Barriers to Including Pregnant Women in Clinical Trials