Scientists warn that unless there is an adequate response and proactive measures are taken, society will soon have to deal with direct and indirect effects of the changing climate on human health.
Clinical morphologic testing in addition to tissue biopsy and culture are critical in distinguishing NND from NF and treating appropriately.
Investigators examined tolerability, effectiveness, and safety profile of topical antibacterial agent ozenoxacin in adults and children with impetigo.
The approval was based on Phase 3 data from 2 studies in ABSSSI, where treatment with Nuzyra was compared with linezolid, and 1 study in CABP comparing Nuzyra with moxifloxacin. Across all 3 trials, Nuzyra was found to be effective and generally safe and well-tolerated.
At baseline, more symptoms associated with Lyme borreliosis were reported by those with multiple erythema migrans than with solitary erythema migrans.
The structure of contezolid was designed to potentially reduce the risk of hematological toxicity associated with this class of antibiotics.
The patient, a 42-year-old female with systemic lupus erythematosus treated with mycophenolate mofetil and prednisone, reported swelling and pain in the fifth finger of her left hand for about 1-week.
Investigators examined the incidence of herpes zoster in patients with hidradenitis suppurativa who were and were not exposed to immunomodulation.
Lower-Extremity Cellulitis Diagnosed With Increased Accuracy Using ALT-70 Predictive Model vs Thermal Imaging
The widespread implementation of ALT-70 into clinical practice may help decrease misdiagnosis rates of lower-extremity cellulitis.
The infection developed within several months of the patients starting SGLT2 therapy and the drug was discontinued in most cases. All patients required surgery and there was 1 reported death.
Dermatology Advisor Articles
- Botulinum Toxin Type A Effective for Treating Rosacea Facial Flushing
- Acne Lesions, Scars Treated With Cooling Vacuum-Assisted Erbium:Glass Laser
- Psoriasis Linked With Higher Risk for Sexual Dysfunction
- New Psoriatic Arthritis Guidelines Recommend TNFi as First-Line Tx Option
- AMA Survey Collects Advice for Physicians Approaching Retirement
- Common Skin Conditions in People of Color: Identification and Treatment
- Subcutaneous Dupilumab Initiates Hair Regrowth in Patient With Alopecia Totalis, Atopic Dermatitis
- Rosacea Improves With Anti-Inflammatory Effect of Brimonidine Gel
- Can Examining Marginalization Identify Gaps in Medical or Nutritional Care?
- Mohs Surgery Alone Associated With Improved Outcomes in High-Risk Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Secukinumab Superior to Placebo for Treatment of Moderate to Severe Nail Psoriasis
- Diagnostic Challenges of Neutrophilic Dermatosis May Lead to Misdiagnosis
- EMS Times Longer for Patients From Poorest Neighborhoods
- Most Insured Patients Not Using Online Portals
- Overcoming the Barriers to Including Pregnant Women in Clinical Trials