Although the step-care approach is the current standard of care, this approach is flawed in several ways with respect to achieving optimal outcomes.
The FDA accepted a New Drug Application to support the combination of the MEK inhibitor, binimetinib, and the BRAF inhibitor, encorafenib, for treating patients with BRAF-mutated unresectable or metastatic melanoma.
Neda Ratanawongsa, MD, MPH, Associate Chief Health Informatics Officer for Ambulatory Services, shares her insight on how to best manage the challenge of staying on top of electronic health record requirements while also optimizing patient encounters.
As patients commonly cite stress as a precipitating or exacerbating factor for psoriasis, relieving psychological distress should be part of the treatment strategy.
Scientists warn that unless there is an adequate response and proactive measures are taken, society will soon have to deal with direct and indirect effects of the changing climate on human health.
Cutaneous flushing, although common and often benign, may signal a more serious underlying pathology when the presentation extends beyond episodic warmth and redness of the face, head, and neck.
Dermatology Advisor Articles
- Specific Oral Bacteria May Reduce Risk for Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Ostomy-Related Costs Reduced With Ceramide-Infused Skin Barrier
- Pediatric Psoriasis Associated With Increased Risk for Comorbidity Development
- Improved Neck, Décolletage Lines With Ultrasound, Diluted Calcium Hydroxylapatite
- New Nutrition Science Course Available for Physicians